1. BOOKING OFFICE
For bookings made online, by telephone or in person.
- No sub-letting or re-selling of tickets is permitted.
- Every angler must be aware of and abide by the fishery's own regulations and procedures.
- Prices, fishery rules and availability of beats may change during the season to those listed in the 'Fishing Passport' booklet.
- Every angler must have a current Environment Agency (EA) rod licence, be aware of and abide by all byelaws.
- Unless stated otherwise in a beat's specific rules or agreed with the Booking Office in advance, a rod may not be shared.
- On the day of fishing, anglers must be in possession of a copy of the booking confirmation email or letter as proof of purchase of a day permit, along with the beat map sent with that confirmation. Anyone fishing without these may be asked to leave the water even if they have purchased a permit.
- Bookings made on Booking Office beats by phone or in person are subject to a £4.75 fee while those made online are subject to a £2.75 fee (see section 3. For Wild Stream beat booking fees).
- Booking confirmations are sent by email. Confirmations sent by post are subject to an additional £2.00 charge.
Refunds & re-booking
- Once a booking has been confirmed, refunds are only possible in exceptional circumstances whereby the angler is not able to take up the fishing due to an error or action by the fishery owner or by the Booking Office (either personnel or website).
- Re-booking of fishing is possible but only for the same beat for which the original booking was made and at least 10 days in advance of the original booking. Re-bookings will be subject to a £6.50 charge per beat and must be used within the same calendar year.
- If you have made a booking and are unable to fish you can also ask the Booking Office to re-let the ticket(s). Unlike re-bookings, there are no time limits on when you can request this facility and if we are successful, you will receive a refund for your booking minus whatever booking fee applied. Please note that you can request us to re-let tickets that would only be available for online booking.
- Under 16s are not permitted on any Passport fishery unless accompanied by an adult.
- Some fisheries offer discounted day tickets for (accompanied) U-16s. Please check the website or enquire with the booking office for specific fishery details.
- Only available on participating beats.
- Tickets can only be purchased on the same day and after 1pm.
- Fishing is only permitted from 5pm to 1 hour after sunset.
- Only available on participating beats.
- Block bookings allow anglers to purchase the maximum number of tickets available for a day, sometimes at a discounted rate.
- A beat's webpage will state the maximum number of anglers permitted to fish under a block booking. Less than the maximum number may fish but this number should never be exceeded.
- Block bookings cannot be sublet, as is the case with any booking.
2. WASH OFFS
Some beats operate a "wash-off" policy meaning that should you turn up and are unfortunate to find the river in flood, you can at least re-book for another day without further payment. This policy has been negotiated with fishery owners on your behalf and is unique to the Passport scheme. The participating fisheries are clearly indicated in their beat description.
Please note the following conditions to the policy:
- A washed-off re-booking must be used on the same beat and within the same calendar year as the original booking, subject to the availability of that beat. Anglers should be aware that if a booking is made late in the year or season, it may not be possible to reschedule and therefore no re-booking can be made.
- A different type of rod can be re-booked (e.g. a washed-off trout rod may re-book as a winter grayling rod after 30 September). However, any difference in price will be chargeable, and will incur the appropriate booking fee. If the re-booking is for a rod cheaper than the original booking, no refund for the difference will be made.
- The re-booking option applies only in the event of a flood. It does not apply to merely 'difficult' fishing or poor weather conditions.
- It is at the Booking Office Manager's absolute discretion as to what constitutes 'flood' or 'impossible' fishing conditions and his/her decision is final.
- The decision to grant a wash-off can only be made on or after the day of the booking. Wash-offs cannot be granted in advance. Claims for wash off must be made to the Booking Office within 2 working days.
- The policy is only applicable to some Booking Office beats.
3. THE WILD STREAMS
- The wash-off policy applies to advance bookings on Wild Stream beats.
- No dogs are permitted on any Wild Stream beats.
Wild Stream Day Ticket Bookings
- 6pm is the latest time for online bookings for the following day (5pm over the phone).
- A Wild Stream booking is for the whole beat, not individual rods. Two rods may be fished under a booking, unless stated otherwise on the beat description on the website.
- Telephone bookings for Wild Stream beats are subject to the usual £4.75 booking fee. However, online bookings for Wild Stream beats incur no fee.
Wild Stream Season Permits
- Season Permit holders can only fish those Wild Stream beats that are shown as available for the day on the Fishing Passport website.
- Season Permits can be used only by the named angler at the time of purchase.
- 2 Rod Season Permits can only be used by the person named at the time of purchase to fish on their own or with one unnamed guest (i.e if two people are fishing, one of them has to be the named purchaser).
- The Season Permits can be used for Wild Stream fishing only and cannot be used for any Booking Office beat.
- When selecting and fishing a beat, the Permit holder must be in possession of the latest beat map (printed or electronic format).
- The 'Vehicle Display' section of the Permit must be displayed in the car window when fishing, with the other section carried by the angler.
- If on arrival at a beat a permit holder finds that it is already being fished by another permit holder, they must find an alternative beat and must not fish behind the first angler.
- Multiple beats can be fished on the same day by the permit holder (providing they are listed as available), with no extra cost.
- A catch return must be posted after fishing via the Fishing Passport website, even if no fish have been caught.
- Anglers must be aware of individual beat rules and byelaws before fishing and must abide by them at all times.
- The Fishing Passport reserves the right to revoke a Season Permit without refund if any of the above conditions are breached.
4. GENERAL/ALL FISHING
- The Fishing Passport reserves the right to exclude any angler found to be in breach of any of the above terms and conditions from the scheme for an indefinite period.
- Your booking only allows you access to the water on the day of fishing from sunrise until one hour after sunset. Only where specific individual beats allow can anglers fish through the night (i.e. 24-hour tickets for sea trout fishing).
- Vouchers/Tokens from other rivers trusts' Passport schemes can be used to pay for bookings or Wild Stream Season Permits provided they are used in the period of validity as defined by that Trust.
- If you are dissatisfied in any way with the service you receive please contact the Booking Office Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Any complaints or dissatisfaction with the fishing should be made via our online catch & feedback form - https://www.fishingpassport.co.uk/catch-return/create.
- All anglers must be aware of and abide by biosecurity measures, especially those regarding Gyrodactylus salaris.
- Please follow our "What to Do Guide", issued with booking confirmation emails and The Countryside Code.
- While the Fishing Passport endeavours to ensure that the information provided both on the website and booklet is accurate, we cannot be held liable for any errors or discrepancies that occur. Through the Passport, miles of fishing has been opened that would otherwise be inaccessible to visiting anglers. As with any fishing, there are risks involved. While we endeavour to highlight any such risks, the Fishing Passport or the Wye & Usk Foundation cannot be held liable for any accidents, personal injury or damage to property.